Here is a video clip from Saturday Night Live and it actually has the "real" Sarah Palin. Some of the skits I have seen on blogs, youtube , etc have been really funny and there were some that were just poor taste in my opinion. I actually approve of this one and it cracks me up! I had to listen to it a couple of times...note the part that says "all the plumbers in the house pull your pants up" ....bwahhhhhh ahaaaaaaa
Here are a list of 21 things about my Ashlyn. People with Down syndrome have an extra copy of the 21st chromosome.
1. I am her favorite person in the whole, wide world (LOL, just hoping here!)
2. She loves cole slaw and salads.
3. She hates for me to brush her hair but she is a perfect angel when daddy brushes her hair.
4. When I take her to get her haircut I have to hide in the bathroom or go outside because she is just a rebel when it comes to her mommy.
5. Ashlyn likes to slap me on the back every time she walks by me.
6. She will not drive her princess car herself, she insists on being driven by someone else (usually Mason)
7. Ashlyn used to be an angel when it came to bedtime. We'd put her to bed and rarely heard a peep out of her. Now she refuses to sleep in her room and it is her big brother's fault :)
8. She kisses me no less than 30 times a day. (man I love her)
9. Ashlyn eats her cereal like a dog, with her face in the bowl, no spoon required (grrrrrr)
10. Sitting in the computer chair, she loooooves to spin it around and around and around some more. Don't have a clue how she does not get drunk from it. I get drunk just watching her do it.
11. Ashlyn loves to watch Hannah Montana.
12. Dirt is in the basic food groups according to Ashlyn. (grass, leaves, and paper are too)
13. She does not like to wear socks or shoes and she starts stripping her clothes off as she walks in the door from school.
14. If I ask her a question she answers me "yes sewr" (yes sir)
15. One of her favorite things to do is see how much toilet paper she can throw in the toilet before I walk in the bathroom and catch her!!
16. If Ashlyn spends the night with her me-maw she goes to bed and actually goes to sleep around 7:30... at home she is never asleep before 10 pm anymore. Turd :)
17. Ashlyn loooooves her big brother "Pensa" aka, Spenser
18. She is not afraid of dogs anymore.
19. Ashlyn is the keeper of the doors in our house... it is her job to keep all doors shut at all times.
20. As of lately if you ask Ashlyn to do something such as brush her teeth, she puts her hand on her forehead and says "have a headache". And she actually knows that she is funny when she does this!
21. Ashlyn is the most loved little girl in the history of time. She is adored by her family members and friends. Nobody told us that the extra chromosome would be bring so much love to our family... but now we know!
If not, well you should!! I loaded up at CVS today! I was thrilled as I ran to the car with my goodies!! I only paid about .70 cents for the load you see above! Plus I walked out of there with over $30 Extra care bucks to spend when I go back!! I don't see how CVS can stay in business with all of the stuff they give away!! (but I pray they keep using the ECB's to give me all of this stuff!)
I paid about .70 cents for the following!
- 2 pumpkin candy buckets
- 2 glow sticks for Halloween
- 7 packs of toothbrushes that had 2 in each pack - so I got 14 free toothbrushes- and believe me, the way Ashy hijacks everybody's toothbrush and does God knows what to it...we go through a ton of toothbrushes!!
- 4 bags of candy corn
- 2 bottles of Power Ade drinks
- 1 purse size pack of tissues
- 2 tubes of Colgate toothpaste
I realize that this has nothing to do with Down syndrome, but hey you guys really need to couponing!! Oh and I got 3 free cans of tomatoes at Harris Teeter, LOL!!
"The grace of God means something like: Here is your life. You might never have been,
but you are because the party wouldn’t have been complete without you. Here is the world. Beautiful and terrible things will happen. Don’t be afraid. I am with you. Nothing can ever separate us. It’s for you I created the universe. I love you. There’s only one catch. Like any other gift, the gift of grace can be yours only if you’ll reach out and take it. Maybe being able to reach out and take it is a gift too."
I am Traci, mommy to 4 wonderful kiddos- Spenser, Ashlyn, Mason and Anna and wife to Mike. Our daughter Ashlyn has Down syndrome and we adopted a little sister with Down syndrome named Anna aka Anastasia, from Vladimir Russia. Our family is richly blessed! God is so good!