Saturday, October 6, 2007

Story behind - God bless the last ones.....

God bless the last ones (the first song playing on my blog)
by Matthew West

I love this guy...the song is awesome (to me)

Behind the Song:
Mark 10:44, Matthew 5:5
"A few years ago, I was traveling around the country as an independent artist and singing my songs for anyone who would listen. One day my travels led me to a concert in Kansas City, and a girl named Taylor. Her dad was the sound engineer for my concert, and I remember seeing her run into the auditorium and sit down in the front row during my sound check. Well, if anyone’s seen me do a sound check you might know that it’s not uncommon for me to make up silly little songs about some random inspiration of the moment. And so I began to write a song about Taylor. Little did I know I was making a new friend that day, and when I jumped off the stage to meet her, she reached out her arms and gave me the best hug in the history of hugs! You see, Taylor has Down Syndrome, and the moment I met her I remember feeling sorry for her. But the more time I spent with her, I could see clearly that God has a special purpose for this little girl. In the last few years she has had a profound impact on my life. This song is inspired by real events in Taylor’s young life, times when she has been an inspiration to everyone around her. As I’ve been working on this concept of History, it overwhelms my heart that history makers come in all shapes and sizes. “And the last shall be the first…”" - Matthew West

1 comment:

Ann said...

Awesome song! I am going looking for a copy of that one! I gotta buy it!