Wednesday, April 1, 2009

April fools!!

I got Mike good today, ha ha ha! We really don't ever do April fool Jokes on each other so he didn't see it coming. Last night Spenser's friend in the neighborhood knocked on our door and told us that Spenser had hurt his ankle at his house and his mom drove Spenser home. So we go outside to help Spenser out of the car and Mike kept swearing that Spenser was faking it, that he wasn't really hurt that bad. Spenser went to school today with a slight limp and made it through the whole day, and it is already feeling better.

Mike walked in the house from work and I asked him "did you go to work today?" Of course he looked at me like I was crazy and said "yes, I did... why?" I told him that "I had called him at work and they told me that he wasn't there. I also said that I had to pick Spenser up at school and take him to the doctor for an x-ray because his foot was worse today- We have to take Spenser to an orthopedic doctor tomorrow because his ankle is broke and he may need surgery". You should have seen the look on his face, bwahhhhh haaaaa, it was priceless. I'm honestly surprised that I kept a straight face through it all. He said "man I feel really bad that I told him that he was faking the pain and that he was okay". I let this go on for a few minutes before I yelled APril fools at him! It was so good!! About 10 minutes later I got Spenser too. He asked me what was for dinner and I told him that I had bought some big, fat, juicy steaks for dinner and that his dad would grill them for us! Mike caught on and said - yeah Spenser, April fools on you too!!!!!

We had grilled barbecue chicken...but hey it was pretty tasty!!




No comments: