Thursday, August 23, 2007

what's that smell?




Mason is the craziest kid around here. He has always been a *smeller*. The boy smells EVERYTHING....good or bad! He has always smelt everything that he puts in his mouth and anything else that comes his way. A few weeks ago my best friend Renee (who lives in Oregon now) was visiting us. Ashlyn stayed busy pulling things out of her suitcase and tossing them around the bedroom. I walked by the room and see Mason inspecting a bag on the floor. It is a clear Ziploc bag with round, brown objects in it. I see him swipe his hand across the bag and then smell his hand and he walks off. I bust out laughing and asked him what he was doing and he tells me "I was seeing if that was poop in that bag!" Haaa haaaa it was a bag of chocolate covered nuts :)


So when it is time for my best buddy to go back home we take her to the airport and pull up to help her unload her bags. I knew that we weren't going anywhere else so I let Mason get in the van without taking any shoes. When we stop and unload her bags he gets out and decides that he wants to know what the airport smells like! I try to talk him out of it because he has no shoes on and his booty is a little too big for me to carry around....but I end up caving. After all, how could I deprive him of *smelling* the airport? So here we go- me carrying his big ol' booty, cradling him like a baby in through the sliding doors...tell him to get a swift sniff and we run out the other door! Ahhhh the things we do for our kids!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Too funny! I have a "smeller" son. He's my son who lives with Asperger's Syndrome...makes for some funny moments, doesn't it? :)